Tips for ICO Founders:
1. Don’t release tokens until a day before your main exchange listing. If you do it earlier, rogue exchanges and Dex’s WILL start a secondary market and completely collapse your token price with panic selling. Seen this many times in the last months. Alot of ICOs crushed.
2. Consider delaying your listing. There is no rush. The same community members giving you hell to launch asap will be the biggest complainers when your token is down 75%. They will also be the ones holding the smallest amount of tokens. In fact, I like the idea of waiting until your MVP is ready to launch on an exchange.
3. Marketing. Work with exchanges to develop a well-planned marketing strategy for the listing. Win-win for everyone.
4. Private Investors: if they are insistent on selling immediately, open up a dialogue around an OTC solution or buyback. Work with them. If you leave them to run wild, they will do just that. 30 seconds after listing.
5. Airdrops and bounties. my opinion is that they are totally useless, more harm to the project than to help. Bonus visibility is only for the moment, those who are attracted by bonuses and airdrop will immediately sell at the lowest price
6. ICO ratings: overrated. Don’t fret. Get your details up and a decent score and forget about the rest.
7. Listing in exchanges is very important, if you do not have experienced people, call for a consultancy agency.